At the KHAS School of Foreign Languages, we prepare our students for the challenges ahead in the English-medium academic programs of Kadir Has University through comprehensive language instruction in our English Preparatory Program (EPP) and Academic English Program (AEP).
The EPP receives approximately 1000 new students every year, and, its program plays a crucial role in supporting new students to acquire language capabilities and academic foundation for a healthy transition to academic life in their faculties. The AEP with its academic English programs empowers around 1500-1600 students each year through fostering academic literacy, critical thinking skills, and study-skills necessary in the university context.
We value academic integrity and academic standards in both of our programs, so we have high expectations of our students and ourselves. Institutionally we embrace a willingness to thrive on hard work, readiness for new challenges, openness to new ideas, and commitment to professional development. Therefore, we invite English language instructors with excellent academic credentials to join us to make learning a better experience.
Minimum Requirements to meet
Applicants must meet the following requirements for their applications to be considered.
- ⇒ the relevant rules and regulations of the Council of Higher Education in Turkey
• For Turkish citizens
- – A BA and an MA degree in a relevant field such as ELT, English Linguistics, English Literature, or English Translation, etc.
• For Non-Turkish citizens who are native speakers of English
- – At least a BA degree in one of the following fields: Linguistics, Language & Literature, Language Teaching, Comparative Literature, or Educational Sciences,
- – At least a BA degree in any other field and a 2-year language teaching experience in an internationally recognized school/center or a CELTA/DELTA certificate.
• For Non-Turkish citizens who are non-native speakers of English
- – At least a BA degree in a relevant field such as ELT, English Linguistics, English Literature, or English Translation, etc. and a 2-year language teaching experience in an internationally recognized school/center and a CELTA Certificate or DELTA
- ⇒ at least 3 years of language teaching experience at the Tertiary Level
- ⇒ excellent command of spoken and written English
(Applicants who are non-native speakers of English also need to submit a minimum YDS score of 90 or an equivalent score from an internationally recognized proficiency exam such as TOEFL)
How to apply
Applicants whose credentials meet the requirements should send an up-to-date curriculum vitae and a statement of teaching philosophy (2 pages maximum) to email@example.com before the announced deadlines.